It‘s time to show how to configure IEC60870-5-103 protocol for PLC REF543. Signals are transmitting via this protocol from PLC REF543 to remote terminal unit (RTU). I‘ll show how to configure this protocol for PLC REF543 of incoming cubicle IC-1. PLC REF543 can also work with others protocols: Modbus, DNP3.0 and others.
The configuration of IC-1 described in articles no.1÷22 is without any protocol. In this article we will add protocol IEC60870-5-103 to existing configuration.
The structure scheme of sending signals from PLC REF543 to RTU via protocol IEC60870-5-103 is shown in picture:
The converter RER123 is used to convert signals from PLC REF543 to optical interface. Manual of manufacturer ABB converter RER123 you can find here: RER 123 Bus Connection Module 1MRS751143-MUM.
The connection of converter RER123 is shown on figure in structure scheme.
The settings of converter:
Connection – „Star“
Now we are going to add protocol IEC60870-5-103 to existing configuration of IC-1.
1. Select project’s object IC-1 in window “Master Design View”:
2. Select Edit-Object Properties:
3. Select „Attributes…“ in window „General Object Attributes“:
4. Installed configuration is without any protocol:
5. Select protocol IEC60870-5-103 as shown in figure:
Check chapter “IEC parameters” (see page 114) on manual Feeder Terminal REF54_ Technical Reference Manual General 1MRS750527-MUM. In table 9.5.-1 are listed all addresses of function blocks for protocol IEC60870-5-103. For example after tripping of signal „Trip“ of function block “„NOC3High“, RTU will detect that signal „Trip“ of function block NOC3High have been received on address 94.
6. I‘m going to select signals (from IC-1 configuration) which can be sent to RTU:
All these signals have their own unique combination of function type and address.
7. Now we need to set parameters of protocol IEC60870-5-103 by using „Relay Settings Tool“.
Open „Relay Settings Tool“ application:
Select „Communication“ and set parameters as shown in picture:
Protocol 3 „SPA“ is used for connection PC to PLC REF543.
Settings of IEC60870-5-103 protocol:
• „Unit Address“ – this address must coincides with address defined in SCADA
• „Baude rate“ – number of bits sending per second, this number must coincides with number defined in SCADA
• „Function type“ – this is function type of measurements; function type must coincides with function type defined in SCADA
• „Scale factor“ – this is multiplier; if this multiplier is equal to 0, then value of measurement is multiplied by factor 1,2; if this multiplier is equal to 0, then value of measurement is multiplied by factor 2,4 (read manual „Feeder Terminal REF54_ Technical Reference Manual General 1MRS750527-MUM“ page 115, chapter 9.4 „Class 2 value scaling“)
• „Frame type“ – by setting this parameter you can set types of sending measurements from PLC REF543. I‘ve set „Frame type“ to value 2, this means that measurements IL2 and U12 will be sent (read manual „Feeder Terminal REF54_ Technical Reference Manual General 1MRS750527-MUM“ page 124, table 9.5.-3 „Recommended Class 2 measurand sets“ parameter „Set No“). If „Frame type“ would be equal to value 5, then measurements IL1, IL2, IL3, U1, U2, U3, P, Q, f would be sent from PLC REF543 to RTU.
8. We need to send configuration and settings of function blocks to PLF REF543. How to do this read article no. 10” CAP505 – Measurements: downloading (sending) configuration and settings to PLC REF543”.
Till now we have used defaults signals (read particles no.6 and 7 of this article). However there are many internal logical signals (such as NOCHighTrip, NOCInstTrip, NOCCBFP, ATSblocking, Protection_active, OpeningCBfromATS, LocalControl, LED_Alarm) which it is convenient to use for analyzing automation process.
For this purpose it is used function block „EVENT230“ (for creating manual events/signals). More detail about function block „EVENT230“ you can explore in manufacturer‘s ABB „EVENT230 Customer-Defined Event 1MRS752370-MUM“. You can configure 32 internal logical signals for sending them via protocol IEC60870-5-103 to SCADA. Each signal has its own unique combination of function type and address. Function type of function block „Event230“ is value 252. For this blocks you can set addresses from 0 to 32.
9. An example of configuration of sending signal „OpeningCBfromATS“ via protocol IEC60870-5-103 (by using „Relay Configuration Tool“):
The length of signal „OpenCBfromATS“ should be at least 100 ms to validate its changed state.
More about logical boolean elements you can read in manufacturer‘s ABB manuals „Generic Base Elements 1MRS752371-MUM“ and „EVENT230 Customer-Defined Event 1MRS752370-MUM“.
Internal logical signals of configuration of incoming cubicle IC-1:
The configuration for all signals listed in the table above will be the same. Only addresses will be different, for example, address for signal „NOCHighTrip“ should be 2 (variable UINT#2 should be connected to input „IEC_ADDR“ of function block „EVENT230“), address for signal „OpeningCBfromATS“ should be 1.
10. Compile created configuration by selecting command MAKE-MAKE.
11. Now we need to set parameters of function block „Event230“ by using „Relay Setting Tool“ application:
For example, after tripping of signal „OpeningCBfromATS“ on HMI of PLC REF543 will be generated event E1. After tripping of signal „NOCHighTrip“ on HMI of PLC REF543 will be generated event E2. It is not necessary to set event masks of function block „Event230“, but then there will not be generated events E1÷E8 on HMI of PLC REF543.
12. We need to send configuration and settings of function blocks to PLF REF543. How to do this read article no. 10” CAP505 – Measurements: downloading (sending) configuration and settings to PLC REF543”.
The configuration of IEC60870-5-103 protocol is completed.
In the next article I‘m going to explain how to download configuration from PLC REF543 if we don‘t have this configuration on CAP505 software.