In this article will be shown how to download (send) data from CAP505 software to PLC REF543.
Downloading data to PLC consists from two stages:
1. Downloading configuration using “Realy Download tool” application.
2. Downloading settings of function blocks using “Relay Setting Tool” application.
You should pay attention that in CAP505 software command „download“ means send data to PLC. The command „upload“ means receive data from PLC to CAP505 software. Remember this!
Every time when you download configuration to PLC REF543, the existing settings of function blocks will be reseted to defaults facoty settings. So after sending configuration, you must re-download (re-send) these settings to PLC. Remember this! After downloading configuration and settings you should store them to EEPROM memory of PLC REF543. All this procedure I‘ll show in this article.
1. Select project object (in my case „IC-1“) and in “Object Tool” window select “Relay Download tool” application. Open it:
2. In “Relay Download tool” window select “Send” window. In „Configuration“ window select „Relay Configuration“, „Mimic Configuration“ and „Store+Reset after download“:
„Relay Configuration“ – if you‘ve selected this option, you are going to send configuration to PLC REF543. As you remember this configuration have been made using „Relay Configuration Tool“ apllication: in this application have been created project object configuration tree, in which we have created program unit (POU) „Measure“. In this program we‘ve created 3 measure function blocks. More detail read articles no.7 „CAP505-Measurements configuration with CAP505“ and no.8 „CAP505- Measurements configuration using „Relay Mimic Editor“ tool“.
„Mimic Configuration“ – if you‘ve selected this option, you are going to send mimic to PLC REF543. Mimic is view of PLC HMI. „Mimic Editor tool“ application is used to create mimic view. After downloading (sending) mimic to PLC, in HMI of PLC you can monitor online measures of currents and voltages.
„Store+Reset after download“ – this option consists of two stages:
- “Store” – saving data (configuration and mimic) to EEPROM of PLC REF543. EEPROM is non-volatile memory, which retains data after losing voltage supply of PLC.
- “Reset after download” – after downloading and storing data (configuration and mimic) to PLC, the CPU of PLC will be resseted.
After resseting PLC, you must always check if downloaded data are correct.
3. In „IC-1 Relay download tool“ window click „Send“ (see particle no.2 in this article). In “Relay Download Tool” windows press button „YES“:
4. Click button „Yes“:
Here window warns that downloading new configuration to PLC resets function blocks parameters to default factory settings. So don‘t forget after downloading configuration to PLC, re-download function blocks parameters to PLC (by using „Relay Setting Tool“ application) !
5. The configuration is sending to PLC REF543:
6. Storing configuration and mimic to EEPROM memory:
7. Sending and storing data have been successfully completed:
Configuration has been stored, PLC has been resetted. First stage of sending data to PLC is completed.
The second stage of sending data to PLC: downloading settings of function blocks by using “Relay Setting Tool” application.
8. Select project object (in my case „IC-1“) and in “Object Tool” window select “Relay Setting tool” application. Open it:
9. In “Relay Setting Tool” window click button “Download”:
I‘m going to download (send) all settings to PLC for the first time. Later you can select settings you want to download to PLC REF543.
10. In “Download” window select “All” option:
You should pay attention that in CAP505 software command „download“ means “send” data to PLC. The command „upload“ means “receive” data from PLC to CAP505 software. Remember this!
11. After downloading settings of function blocks to PLC, we need to store these settings to EEPROM memory. Select “Transfers>Store”:
Remember this! After downloading configuration and settings you must store them to EEPROM memory of PLC REF543.
12. In “Store” window click button “Yes”:
13. Storing data to EEPROM memory:
14. Storing has been completed:
Sending data to PLC REF543 has been completed.
In the next article I‘ll monitor measurements on PLC‘s HMI by supplying three-phase currents and voltages to PLC measurements channels.