In this article I’ll test measurements on HMI. Setting analogues of measurements channels is described in article no. 6. In article no.7 “CAP505: measurements configuration with CAP505” you can read how to configure measurements using FBD programming language. Setting measurements of function blocks parameters is shown in article no.9. How to download data to PLC REF543 see article no.10 “CAP505 – Measurements: downloading (sending) configuration and settings to PLC REF543“.
The main scope of this article is to check or currents and voltage measurements are outputs correct on PLC’s HMI.
1. Before injecting to PLC’s REF543 analogues channels currents and voltages, PLC‘s HMI looks as follows:
You should pay attention that on main HMI window we can see only current IL2 and voltage U23, because only these physical values are configured in program „Measure“ (in project configuration tree, see article no. 7 “CAP505: measurements configuration with CAP505“) to be outputed on HMI:
Here you can see that output „IL2MEAS” of function block is connected to input “DATA” of function block “MMIDATA1”. Therefore current IL2 will be shown on HMI main window.
In the same manner I‘ve configured only voltage U23 to output it on PLC‘s HMI main window:
2. For testing currents and voltages I‘ll use the PTE-50-CET test equipment:
3. The principle testing scheme is shown in picture:
4. Injecting secondary currents from test equipment are as follows:
Ib=1A, φ=240˚ ;
Injecting secondary voltages are as follows:
When currents and voltages are injected to PLC, the HMI looks as follows:
5. Current transformers rates have been set (see article no.6 „CAP505: setting analogues channels“) as shown in picture:
Current transformer‘s rate:
Theoretical primary current:
here: If – primary current shown on HMI of PLC‘s
Is – secondary current injected to PLC from test equipment
Conclusion: currents shown on HMI are correct.
6. Voltage transformers rates have been set (see article no.6 „CAP505: setting analogues channels“) as shown in picture:
Voltage transformer‘s rate:
Theoretical primary voltage:
Here: Uf – primary voltage shown on HMI of PLC‘s
Us – secondary voltage injected to PLC from test equipment
Conclusion: voltage shown on HMI is correct.
7. All currents and voltages you can monitor in „Measurement“ window. Just press button „to right“ being in main HMI window:
You can also check values of currents in PLC categories of function blocks „MECU3A” and “MEVU3A”.
Path to category of function block „MECU3A”:
a) Press button „E“ in main HMI window.
b) Type password „1“.
c) By pressing buttons „down“, „up“ select title „Measurement“.
d) Press button „to the right“.
e) By pressing buttons „down“, „up“ select title „MECU3A“.
f) Press button „to the right“.
g) By pressing buttons „down“, „up“ select title „Input data“.
h) Press button „to the right“.
8. Testing open delta voltage U0. Voltage transformer 1 is defined as open delta voltage U0 (see article no.6 „CAP505: setting analogues channels“):
Rate of voltage transformer 1:
Voltage rate is :
Principle testing scheme is shown in picture:
Injecting open delta voltage to PLC voltage channel as follows:
Theoretical primary voltage:
here: Uf – primary U0 voltage shown on HMI of PLC‘s
Us – secondary U0 voltage injected to PLC from test equipment
Ur- rate of voltage transformer 1
After injecting Uo voltage, PLC‘s HMI looks as follows:
Conclusion: U0 voltage shown on HMI is correct.
We tested measurements and they are correct. Next step is to begin configuration indication of circuit breaker, truck and earth switch.